Friday, February 11, 2011
Saturday, July 3, 2010
Saturday, June 12, 2010
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
1. When in doubt, always buy the red shoes.
2. Give it forward. Always give baby gifts and wedding presents.
3. Always support Legal aid.
4. Wear matching bras and underwear.
5. It's okay to cry at the movies.
6. Eat what you like as long as you are hungry.
7. If you are scared of something that is not really dangerous, it's a good sign that you should do it.
8. Dress up, have manners, and be civil.
9. Please yourself.
10. Laugh more.
11. Dress your children exactly how you wish for as long as they let you. Don't save the "special" clothes.
12. Dance at weddings.
13. Have more picnics.
14. Sing in the car.
15. Promptly send thank you notes.
16. Use good skin care.
And lots of love, always.
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
The perfect ____. That was what was so nice about
The perfect flowers; roses to carry around—a bunch of small yellow ones with pink tips.
The perfect view.
The perfect river, sunset, painting, shoes, dogs, bicycle, trash can.
Paris is elegant, my friends.
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Taking my son to preschool.
Picking my son up from preschool.
A wonderful home-cooked dinner.
A favorite movie.
And not working.
May you have a personal wonderful day on your birthday.
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
I feel the press of modern life, which is a vintage sentiment. That is, 50 years ago they reminisced longingly about Victorian times. The Victorians thought life was too hectic for them. But with the time change and the sun setting later, it does seem like there may be enough time in the day to play with the kids, eat a nice dinner, and pet the dog. It's ever so less frantic.