Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Burnt orange and robin's egg blue

It's Fall, which makes me think that it's time to re-watch Breakfast at Tiffany's: burnt orange coats, boxes of Cracker Jack, Halloween masks from the five and dime, perfume in the mailbox, and leaves falling.

I went to Tiffany's recently (in Beverly Hills, not Manhattan), and I can assuredly report that they did not have a sterling silver telephone dialer for the man who has everything. They have lots of sterling silver, but as this is the age of smartphones (not that I have one), you don't really need a dialer to deal with a touch screen. Not that you ever needed a sterling silver telephone dialer.

Tiffany's did, however, help me give the mean reds the heave-ho. They polished my ring so that it sparkles in the sunshine, distracting me while I drive. Now if only I could get it engraved...

No comments:

Post a Comment