Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Resolutions

I have given up on resolutions that I can't keep. Instead, the past few years I've made resolutions that I know I can keep and that are fun to keep, but that also, perhaps, serve ulterior motives. Two years ago, my resolution was to not buy any more boring shoes. Quite honestly, that's the best resolution I've ever had and I've kept that one well. It does snowball, though, because if you aren't buying boring shoes, then you aren't buying boring clothes or jewelry or other things in life. Hence, the ulterior motive of improving the style of my life.

This year, my resolution is a bit more decadent: good skin care. Good skin care translates to taking better care of myself, which as a mom and a busy lawyer can get hard to do. So far so good. I think this is a resolution I can keep.

No comments:

Post a Comment