Monday, January 25, 2010

Trying something new.

The other day I decided to try and make a leg of lamb. I have never eaten leg of lamb, much less made it, but I thought I'd give it a shot. A bit of an expensive folly, perhaps, but what is life if not an adventure. I also decided to have roasted fennel (from the farmer's market), even though I've never eaten that before. And I made carrottes vichy (spelled something like that--cooked carrots) and good bread and good wine. I bought a lemon bar for dessert. (My husband said, who are you and what have you done with my wife--I don't go much for lemon.)

At any rate, I'm so glad I tried something new. I'm not sure that any of the above will be my new favorite thing (or trump good bread and good wine) but a small victory was the look on the baby's face when she tried fennel and the 3 year old asking for more meat so he could be like T-Rex. The elegant part was eating it in our formal dining room with my great aunt's china and candlelight. To new adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment